YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Dr. Jay Gershen, president of the Northeastern Ohio Medical University, will be the featured speaker at the Regional’s Chamber’s annual Salute to Business breakfast Aug. 28 at Mr. Anthony’s Banquet Centre, 7440 South Ave., Boardman.
Gershen became the sixth president of Neomed in January 2010. Since assuming the presidency, Gershen has expanded its regional mission to the Cleveland area, increased research activities and implemented a campus expansion plan that includes Bio-Med Science Academy, the first rural STEM school in Ohio and the nation's first STEM high school on a medical university campus.
As is tradition at the Salute breakfast, Eric Wolford, head football coach of the Youngstown State University Penguins, will preview the 2014 season and county fair officials will be on hand to herald the start of the 168th Canfield Fair, the largest county fair in Ohio.
During the breakfast, the chamber also will recognize these 2014 award recipients:
- Business Professional of the Year: Thomas E. Mosure, president, MS Consultants Inc.
- Business Advocate of the Year: William D. Kutlick, owner, Kutlick Realty LLC.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: James Sutman, president, Golden String.
- Nonprofit Professional of the Year, Suzanne Barbati, president and executive director, OH WOW! The Roger and Gloria Jones Children's Center for Science and Technology.
- Salute to Labor Achievement: Jaladah Aslam, staff representative, AFSCME Ohio Council 8, AFL-CIO.
The event is sponsored by PNC, with the additional support of speaker sponsor, the Western Reserve Building & Construction Trades Council. The cost of the event, open to the public, is $25 for chamber members and $35 for nonmembers.
To make reservations, contact Jennifer Mascardine at 330 744 2131, ext. 12, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or go the chamber’s website, www.regionalchamber.com, and click on Upcoming Events. Deadline for reservations is Aug. 22.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our twice-monthly print edition and to our free daily email headlines.